internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uma - Oprah, Obama - Osama

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uma - Oprah, Obama - Osama
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:35:58 -0400

Thomas wrote:
> Tony Spencer wrote:
> > Either Bush is the biggest idiot the world has ever witnessed *OR* he is
> so
> > brilliant that he was able to pull the wool over the eyes of John Kerry
> and
> > the rest of Congress, the UN, Tony Blair and the rest of the coalition
> but
> > you can't have it both ways.
>
> How about: Bush is the worst President this country has ever seen
> BECAUSE he tried to pull the wool over the eyes of Congress, Britain and
> the UN?

How about: Bush is the worst President this country has ever seen because
he used the terrorists attacks on the United States as an excuse wage war
against "The guy who tried to kill my dad" (CNN, Sept 27, 2002) in a
reckless and irresponsible manner that has alienated us from some of our
most trusted allies, antagonized our enemies including the real terrorist
threats, and placed our young men and women in harms way with no coherent
plan for their safety and with no coherent exit strategy. All the while,
ignoring the real threat from his friends in the Saudi Kingdom, implementing
"homeland security" by enacting unconstitutional legislation like the so
called Patriot Act, lying to the American people about the cost of the war,
using facts that were questionable at best facts to justify said war, and
conducting the war and subsequent occupation in a manner inconsistent with
our laws and treaties regarding human rights. During this same time frame
the economy was tanking and jobs were being lost at record rates and his
sole response was to give a tax break which most people now agree had little
if any impact and benefited the top 2% of income earners far more than the
middle class he claimed it was supposed to help.

And to top it off, in his own words and opinion, he's made no mistakes since
9/11.

I could go on and on, but I've got some work to do...