internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Favorite Form Mail?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Favorite Form Mail?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:55:45 -0400

Alan,

On RTPnet we offer:

FormMail (see http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/provider/FormMail.shtml for information about where it came from on how to use it on RTPnet) and

gform (instructions at http://www.rtpnet.org/~mauney/gform-rtp.html ).

I believe FormMail had a security problem that has a fix. Note that, on our system, the address to receive the mail must be an rtpnet.org address.

One of RTPnet's members spent quite a bit of time looking for an alternative to gform and she likes FormMail and helped us implement it.

Nancy gave a very short presentation for us at last year's conference, during "5-minute madness" -- see http://www.shoemakergroup.com/rtpnet-030530/
I can send you her e-mail address if you'd like to correspond with her or you can get an address from her Web site.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)

Alan MacHett wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for a favorite, easily-customized cgi-script
for form mail? Need I add, secure.

Related: I'm not a scriptor/programmer, but shouldn't the recipient's
email address be in the script, rather than hidden in the form? ... in
order to avoid scrapers and other privacy issues.
poor example?:
http://help.earthlink.net/websupport/startersite/mailto.html

-Alan

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/