internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Barack Obama speech

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Barack Obama speech
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:56:38 -0400

Thanks for posting the link to the transcript, Michael. I did go and read it. It was a very good "standard" speech. Obama recapitulated the essential principles of the Democratic party: equality of opportunity, respect for everyone, nobody is left behind. That was his job at the convention. And it showcased him as part of a new generation of Democratic leadership.

I'm going off to C-SPAN.org to watch the video of it now.

TaB

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

Did anyone else see Barack Obama speak at the Democratic Convention tonight? It not only was one of the best speeches I've ever heard, his approach to politics is one that will win over conservatives and liberals.

Speech Transcript:

Personal Background:
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040531fa_fact1

Its too damn bad his speech was only broadcast on PBS. No matter. This guy is going to be catapulted from being the only black man in the senate to being a national household name in short order.