internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] proof against Communism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] proof against Communism
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:51:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Sil says:

> So, not only did the Soviet brand of communism fail utterly, but so did
> the kind espoused by all those hippies who moved out to the country 30
> years ago.

Your distain of "those hippies" comes through loud and clear....

You didn't really read the entire article, did you? It talks about the
sustainability of these communities, how they've become multi-generational,
branched out into the greater community, and added societal elements to
themselves.

BTW, I personally know of "back-to-the-land" type hippies of more independent
makeup who moved into the outback of my home state (WV) and are still there,
doing stuff like raising sheep and producing high quality wool that sells all
over the world. Capitalism at its best, practiced by old flower children!

~B