internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Insurance Poll

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Insurance Poll
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:56:58 -0400

On Jul 22, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Tony Spencer wrote:

Life Insurance
* I have that funky variable life insurance that doubles as an investment
product

Now I'm intrigued by the funky investment option.

My father has been an insurance salesman for decades. Its an interesting coincidence that every single LI salesperson I've ever met pushes the type of insurance products that just happen to have the highest commissions. Every time you make a payment the salesperson gets a cut, providing a very attractive source of continuing income.

http://www.fool.com/news/mft/2004/mft04050503.htm

If you want life insurance, get term life. If you want to invest in something invest in mutual funds, stocks, bonds, etc.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC