internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Kerry flip-flops

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Kerry flip-flops
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:24:49 -0400

On Jul 9, 2004, at 9:02 PM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

Here's some food for thought, for the would-be
Kerry supporters among us:

http://www.nojohnkerry.org/kerryhtml/flipflops.htm

This is the same stuff they used on Clinton, and McCain hit the talk shows to spread the message the "flip flop" label was incredibly easy to fake and had been unfairly used again him as well.

http://www.democrats.org/specialreports/top10_flipflops/
http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=42263
http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/bush-flip-flops.html

"His anti-firearms record is among the very worst in American politics," said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre. "It's not a stretch to say that the worst thing that could happen to the Second Amendment is for John Kerry to be elected president."

I'd say that view is quite a stretch, as the president can't possibly change the constitution. About the only thing he could do would be to more strenuously enforce the current gun laws, which I think most people would approve.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC