internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] three mujaheddeen walk into a cave...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] three mujaheddeen walk into a cave...
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:09:38 -0400

Someone posted this article, proposing that the Islamist fundamentalists
wanted to draw us into the MidEast to grow more support for Islam...
>>>TERRORISM: We've got them right where they want us
http://hightower.fmp.com/weblogitem.php?id=1418

Well, I'm not sure how these planners would come to this strategic
assumption, but I would assume it is not from looking at the history of US
battles. We were drawn into Europe and Japan in WW2, but I did not see a
surgence of Nazi cells rise up for a permanent position in various countries
after our response. On the other hand, the US example of doing battle with
tyrants (Hitler, Mussolini, etc), then withdrawing the army, sending
billions in aid, and inviting the new goverments to trade and be part of the
world economy, sure seems to have set a strategy that most nations/people
approved of in the long run.

don