internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the French do what?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the French do what?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:11:14 -0400 (EDT)

In reference to Lyman Green's message:
> What do you wonder?
>
> It seems to be a very humane and merciful thing to do - release very ill
> prisoners from prison.
> I assume from your message you do not agree. Please elucidate, since you
> seem to want to. :-)

The article didn't explain the law, and I haven't looked it up; so it's
possible that the law states a prisoner may be released in order to
receive treatment for illness, but must return to prison afterward.
Idunno.

The article makes it sound like, "Oh! you're sick? Well okay then!
You're free to go!" *That* baffles me. Humane? Merciful? Sorry. No
dice. All bets are off at the "guilty" verdict.

But then again, I'm all for expanding the death penalty. Caveat:: Our
legal system needs some serious upgrading *first*, but then I think a lot
more people need to be eliminated from the gene pool...

$0.05,
Alan
...going back to work now.