internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Dogs have 200 word vocabulary

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Wolfe, Joanna" <joanna.wolfe AT oup.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Dogs have 200 word vocabulary
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:32:40 -0400

hmmm, I get 224...

breakfast, dinner, biscuit, lunch, food, vet, cat, cookie, walkies,
out
wait, whoa!, sleep, nap, pillow, bed, mine, car, ride, leash
cake , brocolli, hamburger, steak, pork chop, hot dog, grass, pee
leash, bowl, petsmart, petco, pet supermarket, phydeaux, dog park,
mailman
UPS driver, fedex driver, pets, petting, ear rub, butt rub
bark, howl, moon, formica , toenails, nose , tail, paw, sit, down
lie, tick, flea, water, pond, lake, mud, dirt, shake, stream
river, car, truck, suv, kennel, phone, internet, keyboard, mouse,
mouse (the other kind)
christmas tree, indoor plumbing, presents, tear , treats, baby, food,
cheese,
poopcicles, !@#$% sweet gum balls, sticker balls, bath, blanket,
towel,
poop, dump, cold, wet, hot, dry, mutt, fido, fi-fi, bird
ball (multiple definitions), hump (ibid), hill, mound, hike, toy,
kong, peanut butter (2?), liver, pill
chew, tear, bite, destroy, "was my favorite (fill in the blank)",
puppy, bow-wow
on, the, matt, rug, carpet, floor, good, bad, barf, BARF
carrot, raw, stealth, sneaky, hide, bury, dig, pile, excavate, bone
potty, tags, collar, shots, temperature, express anal glands, dental,
needle
fatty tumor, scapel, good boy, vitamin time, tree, dog, wag
creek, bacon, kibble, hose, soap, shampoo, poo, stone, rock, pole
fire hydrant, mail box, doorbell, pizza, delivery man, chinese food
people who talk on the phone too long taking away
precious time from owner interacting with dog, visitors, guests,
friends
faithful companion, loving pet, home