internetworkers - [internetworkers] [OT] Knitting, crocheting, and other portable crafters (and beer)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [OT] Knitting, crocheting, and other portable crafters (and beer)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:34:44 -0400

I know this is probably a long shot with some of you, but if you're a knitter or crocheter or want to learn how, we've got a group that meets at Brier Creek on Thursdays (tonight!) at around 7:30 in the cafe in Barnes and Noble. People with other portable crafts or who just want to be social and watch people knit are also welcome. If you come tonight, and I'm the first one there, I've forgotten my yarn, so look for the long-haired girl in a light blue shirt. :-)

To balance out the post for those of you terrified of the idea that people make their own clothes, BEER! I don't know if organic beer tastes any different, but I thought some of you beer people might be interested.

ARC/PESTed presents an
ORGANIC BEER TASTING!
To benefit community pesticide reduction in North Carolina
Friday, June 18, 5-8 PM
The Wine Market
101-B Street, Carrboro (Corner of Main & Lloyd)
Tasting host Greg Ford
Music by People You Know

Tickets are $15 (RSVP by June 10), or $20 at the door
To RSVP, visit http://www.pested.org or call (919) 833-1123

Proceeds benefit the Agricultural Resources Center & Pesticide Education Project
Sponsors: The Wine Market, Hart's Distributing, Wolaver's Brewery, Weaver Street Market, Whole Foods Market Chapel Hill.

-----
Ruth

  • [internetworkers] [OT] Knitting, crocheting, and other portable crafters (and beer), Ruth Suehle, 06/10/2004