internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] display logo with URL... who?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Smith <paul AT foundryzero.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] display logo with URL... who?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:18:41 -0400

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:30, Tony Spencer wrote:

You create a 16 pixel image and name it favicon.ico and place it in your
webroot folder. Internet Explorer is broken and often doesn't correctly
display the icon.

Ironic, as this was originally only supported by Internet Explorer.

--Jeremy

That reminds me of something I found out recently that kinda surprised me. Apparently Microsoft was the first to introduce the :hover pseudo element for links to CSS, and the W3C liked it so much they adopted it into CSS2. Ironic, since nowadays Opera, Safari and the Geckos all support :hover for just about any element, while IE still only supports it for links.

--P

--

Paul Smith
Foundry Zero