internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] I can finally switch!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] I can finally switch!
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:44:25 -0400

> I don't really need a G5 tower, but the idea of a machine HALF as quiet
> as my current one is worth looking into. Ruth, they have some
> powerbooks on there so check it out.

I've been looking around at the options for a little while now, and "check
on the refurbs" has been on the mental list, I just haven't gotten there.
Thanks for the reminder. It helps that hubby is Apple certified, so he can
help figure out what's wrong when something goes amok. I had a Powerbook at
my last job and learned two important lessons for the next one. 1. Get a
screen protector as soon as it arrives, because that keyboard burn-in
happens fast. 2. Using the "duckhead" plug on the AC adapter instead of the
extra length of cord will fry the AC adapter in about 6 months. Doh.

Other than that, I loooooved it. I think we've lived apart too long now. :-)

Ruth