internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:40:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> So, somebody who chooses to exercise their 2nd Amendment
> right to keep and bear arms, is a "nutball?" I suppose

No, it's right there in the Constitution. I'm not saying you can't do
it or that it should be illegal or that I, personally, want to come to
your house and take your guns away, and with them your every freedom. I'm
saying I think it's a little nutty to go around packin'. I'm a weirdo,
though, with all sorts of bad ideas of what qualifies as nutty. The
beautiful thing about our country's Constitution is that I can say I
think it's nutty, and you can say you think /I'm/ nutty, and then we can
both get on with our lives. (That's actually our term for it - someone's
"packing" if they're carrying a concealed handgun.)

I'm also saying that even I, one who considers himself pretty savvy in the
ways of netiquette, can't resist the /occasional/ troll. Sorry about
that, it just sort of happened.

It was worth it all to see Greg's responses, though. :)

Cheers,
Michael W.

--
Robust McManlyPants, AKA "Get off my desk
Michael Williams before you get them