internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:20:20 -0400 (EDT)

.:and maybe the author should check with some 18-34 yr olds to see if
.:"strapped" is a word they associate with the concept of "without
.:financial means". for many this is perhaps more synonymous with the
.:concept of "carrying a concealed firearm".
.:

as a clear member of this demographic, i have to say both of these senses
ring the same vague bell, like a greeting i recognize but don't usually
hear in my circles.

it does, however, remind me of "strapping", as in "that strapping young
lass in the black skirt that brought me beer last night". :)

--s