internetworkers - [internetworkers] Spam Advice Book 2

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "MBS" <Info AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Spam Advice Book 2
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:14:29 -0400

>Define "heavy handed" ;)

I've noticed when attempting to send a person an email
after a networking event it gets blocked out. I'd like
for emails like this to come through. At a later point
if I decide I'd like to block an email it would be cool
to have that option.

>SpamCop isn't open source or a trojan horse, FWIW - it's a service:
>http://www.spamcop.net

Thanks

> Any experienced input would be helpful.

>Can you give us a little more information?

In a perfect world I would like to say to my cleints who have 1 to
12 computers, Try X company or X software so it'd be a client
side solution. I really like spam blocking using Procmail, a server side
solution. It sounds like the cleanest option but I would need some training
on how to use it. That's why I'm interested in seeing if there is some
interest in a class. You can check it out here
http://www.angel.net/~nic/spam-x/this

I get 12 legit emails per account (3 accounts)
200 spams which probabaly half are carrying some zipped or other file
extension virus. My clients needs are all over the place. I'd would like
to point them to a decent tool for a small company.

  • [internetworkers] Spam Advice Book 2, MBS, 05/19/2004