internetworkers - [internetworkers] Spam Blocker Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "MBS" <Info AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Spam Blocker Advice
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:34:19 -0400

Hey there, I need some spam blocking advice.

Receiving emails from my web site and other portals is
an important part of my business. So a heavy handed
solution won’t work for me. Does anyone have any real world
experience with spam blockers that can reduce spam but not
too heavy handed?

I've looked at Mail Marshal which requires a min of 75
seats and Spam Cop which I believe is an open source
solution; or it could be a trojan horse.

Any experienced input would be helpful.

Also I use Hijack this to remove hijakers from my system
it works pretty good but there is invariably 2 or 3 that
have to be removed using other techniques. Is anyone out
there savvy enough with these pesky culprits to give a class.

I'd be willing to pay for a seat. Anyone else?

Thanks
Steve S.