internetworkers - [internetworkers] [Jobboard Posting]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: inet-dummy AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [Jobboard Posting]
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:22:19 -0400

See the full Job Posting at the website:
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/jobboard/

Company Name: BBH Media
Company Website: http://www.eros-guide.com/jobs

Job Title: Software Engineering Manager for Erotic Web Guide
Job Description: The Eros Guide requires a manager for its growing and
diversely skilled software development and engineering team.

This
is a “hands-on”, working role in a fast moving company.

This
position will be responsible for taking the lead as project manager on
all engineering work which runs the gamut from older system
enhancements to a complex, multi-phased complete redesign of the
business systems and site presentation. In between there is a
constant stream of smaller web software projects that must be
researched and implemented.

You will be trained on all aspects of
our customer service business from the ground up in order to best
understand the software you are responsible for building and
maintaining with your team.

This position is currently held by one
of the two owners. She is looking for a partner who has a better
understanding of the technology, tools and process management
methodologies available and who can concentrate on creating the ideal
environment for the engineering team to be productive.

This
position is based in Raleigh, North Carolina.

THE REAL
LIFE:
Everyone in the company from the top down is a worker. All
managers, including the owners, are hands on. We want a group lead
that has no issues owning project management as well as doing
development if time allows or if the business requires.

Our people
management philosophy is a very open, flat model. People into the
“power base” of management might not enjoy it here. Those who thrive
in a place where all thoughts are valued, each employee contributes
and everyone works together in a team would find this an ideal home
away from home.

The hours will be long in the coming months. If
you like to watch the clock too much you might find this
uncomfortable.

We reward those who do well. We listen to all
opinions. We are very flexible when life commitments take you away
mid-day. We are proud of our benefits. We believe in on-going
learning.

We need someone to commit to the chaos ahead and we
promise to commit back to you.

~the JobBoard