internetworkers - [internetworkers] Lesser Evil: hocky v. news

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Lesser Evil: hocky v. news
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 23:50:46 -0400 (EDT)

...*

I just watched a video clip on ABC news of a hocky player convulsing on
the ice after being hit in the head with a stick by another player during
a mass fight.

That's bad enough, but I don't know which is worse: the unsportsmanlike
brutality of the sport or the absolute nonchalance with which the
newscaster narrated the video. It was like blah blah blah fight, and
here's that player convulsing on the ice. blah blah blah, oh by the way,
so-n-so is recovering in the hospital.

I'm just disgusted by it.

-Alan

  • [internetworkers] Lesser Evil: hocky v. news, Alan MacHett, 05/01/2004