internetworkers - [internetworkers] PDF Printing Question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] PDF Printing Question
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:43:20 -0400

A user wants to be able to expire PDFs a couple of weeks after they
are printed from web access. For example, someone clicks to bring up
a PDF file in a browser plug-in and selects print. The user wants to
have a date printed on the PDF (watermark perhaps?) which says that
the document expires in two weeks from the time it was printed.
I've looked through the documentation from Adobe without much luck,
but I thought someone else may have discovered the trick or can say
it ain't possible. Any thoughts?