internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Lufthansa Jacking Incident

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Lufthansa Jacking Incident
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:45:54 -0400

Bill Geschwind said the following on 4/6/04 6:44 PM:
That aircraft is an older 747-230B (manufacturer's serial number 23286, line
number 614, first flight 5/16/1985) It was delivered to Lufthansa 6/25/1985
and registered D-ABYZ. It was leased to Alitalia from 1992 to 1994 and
during that time was reregistered I-DEMX and upon return was converted to a
freighter. Since Lufthansa is in the process of phasing out their 747
freighters in favor of a pure MD-11 fleet for their cargo division, this
accident shouldn't have much of an impact on their operations. Other than
rumors and hearsay I couldn't find anything online about whether this plane
will be repaired or written-off.
See here:

http://aerowinx.com/forum.cgi/noframes/read/10246

and then here where he corrects the $10 repair price tag. :-)

http://aerowinx.com/forum.cgi/noframes/read/10265

Also, pictures (probably the same) here:

http://www.flightforum.ch/newforum/showthread.php?s=edab73a6c4ce6efdd9f8047a1dc8e5d7&threadid=20794&highlight=DABYZ

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton