internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] banner ads for web site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: <jim AT neuse.net>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] banner ads for web site
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:46:37 -0500

Hi Jim,
The goal of a link exchange is primarily to increase the incoming links to
your site and thereby increase the page rank of the site. The end result is
that you generate more traffic to the site.

Rotating ads on a banner would do nothing but but drive traffic away from
your site. Maybe I don't understand what you are envisioning here.

Tony