internetworkers - [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:00:16 -0500

well, he certainly can't make commercials about improving the economy, creating jobs for Americans, or helping the environment or senior citizens. whaddya expect him to focus on?? FEAR!! You must all live in FEAR!!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/ 20040305/ELECTIONADS05/TPInternational/Americas

"I find it offensive that he has used 9/11 as a pretext for the election," said Colleen Kelly, whose brother, Bill Kelly Jr., died in the World Trade Center and who has become a leader of the victims' movement. For her, "9/11 was a failure of this President to act."

Ron Willett of Walnut Shade, Mo., was quoted by Reuters as saying he was disgusted when he saw the ads. Mr. Willett, whose 29-year-old son John Charles was killed, said he is now so upset, "I would vote for Saddam Hussein before I would vote for Bush."