internetworkers - [internetworkers] Sell your 'air'

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Sell your 'air'
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:15:47 -0500

As found at http://www.linspot.com/

LinSpot is free and simple software to sell your Wireless Internet Access. LinSpot uses an innovative combination of different technologies to turn your Wireless Internet into a paid-for Internet Access Point and let YOU benefit from it!

With this C2C (consumer-to-consumer) technology we want to turn all individual Wireless Internets into one big network, delivering Internet Access anywhere. If you want to make some money with your AirPort or any other WiFi router, LinSpot is for you!

I wonder just how much money these guys will bring in from this venture. Personally, I would rather give away my bandwidth than sell it and would hope to find others doing the same should I have a need to get online.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/