internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Cellphone plans/providers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Best" <mbest AT dasya.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Cellphone plans/providers
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:54:01 -0500

I currently pay Sprint $65/month (+taxes) for 2 phones sharing:

* 500 anytime minutes
* 4000 night/weekend minutes (9pm-7am)
* includes long distance and roaming within entire Sprint network
* includes "wireless web" Internet access (basically dialup)
* plus all the normal stuff like caller-id, voicemail, etc.

That was the standard plan, but then I added the following for free through
the "retention" department:

* 1st incoming minute free
* all calls to other Sprint phones free
* 300 extra anytime minutes a month

I don't normally go over 500 minutes during a month. The one time that I
did, I called and got the 300 extra minutes a month for free and it was put
into effect retroactively as well. I think Sprint has the best phones and
the best network coverage and their plans are pretty competitive.

-- Michael Best