internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Trial

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Trial
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:24:25 -0500 (EST)

I've signed up to be part of the trial. I might get it too -- they
probably don't have many takers where I live. OTOH, they may be
concentrating more on the Raleigh and/or Chapel Hill areas.

Thanks for the link, Ian!
--Sil

Reported 04.02.05 12:43 from Ian Meyer:

.:As much as I dislike Nextel, here's a chance for something free from
.:them!
.:
.:http://www.nextelbroadband.com/about_the_trial.html
.:
.:They are going to be conducting trials of a new 1.5 MBps (bursts to 3)
.:down and 375 KBps (burts to 750) up here in the Triangle.
.:
.:Too bay my laptop is a /mac. because they don't support Macs or Windows
.:NT, you have to be using 98, ME, or XP....
.:
.:someone might be able to get in on this, and its one hell of a free
.:deal if you can