internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:55:45 -0500

On Jan 29, 2004, at 8:46 AM, <geschwin AT email.unc.edu> wrote:

<Devil's Advocate> I know it might be hard for some of you out there
to fathom this, but there actually **are** people out there who PREFER
a Wintel machine over a closed hardware platform. Also, there are
people who prefer to have a machine that has an operating system and
software that they are already familiar with rather than have to learn
a whole new system. So he simply modified that machine to get
something that he wants. Besides, this was certainly not the first
time that a Mac has been modded into a Wintel machine. Calling
somebody dumb for modifying what he got into something that he wants
is being a bit harsh there...</Devil's Advocate>

I'd agree with you, if it wasn't a $3000 computer turned into $350.

I mean if he took say a G4 he got off eBay for a few hundred & converted it that's one thing.

But he had his parents (mistakenly) spend $3000 on a system that he then TRASHES.

That'd be like getting a Lexus and stripping out the engine and putting in a Honda Civic engine because there is more mod kits available for it.

It's just wrong.