internetworkers - [internetworkers] Tech LinkUp demo/discussion Jan 29 at 6 pm, Triangle United Way

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Tech LinkUp demo/discussion Jan 29 at 6 pm, Triangle United Way
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:17:36 -0500 (EST)

To InterNetWorkers:

I think Dan Brussee has done a great job with Tech LinkUp
(techlinkup.org). Before we ask people to register, we'd like to
demonstrate it and get ideas for ways to make it even better. This is the
system I mentioned to a couple of people at the gathering at Tyler's Dec.
4th. We've invited the RTPnet advisors and a few others who have
expressed interest in Tech LinkUp.

Dan Brussee <dbrussee AT betterwaycomputing.com> (Software Engineer, Better
Way Computing), Jackie Helvey-Hayes <jackie AT carrboro.com> (Artist/Website
Designer, UniqueOrn Enterprises), and I invite you to join us for an
informal demonstration and discussion of a new service --
Tech Linkup, techlinkup.org.

Tech LinkUp helps connect volunteers, sponsors, and businesses with
community organizations, and it helps connect community organizations with
one another for mutual support.

We'd like comments and suggestions for improvements before asking people
to sign up and start using the system.

We will meet in the Emerald room at Triangle United Way at 6:00 pm,
Thursday, January 29. If there is any indication of bad road conditions,
we'll postpone. Refreshments will be provided.

Directions to Triangle United Way can be found online at
http://www.unitedwaytriangle.org/new_site/phase2/contact/tuw_map.asp.
The text directions are below. Come through the front door and they'll be
signs to the Emerald Room.

Directions to Triangle United Way
1100 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 112
Morrisville, NC 27560
460-8687

>From I-40 and Raleigh (East): Take exit 284, Airport Boulevard. Turn left
at the top of the off ramp. You will pass Prime Outlets on your right.
You will then pass an Amoco Station on your left. Continue approximately
1/2 mile. The next traffic light is Perimeter Park. Turn right at the
light and make an immediate left into the 1100 Perimeter Park parking lot.
Drive clockwise around the building until you come to Suite 112 with
American flag in front.

>From I-40 and Chapel Hill/Durham (West): Take exit 284A, Airport
Boulevard. Turn right (This is the only option, actually). You will pass

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)