internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] snow day

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] snow day
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:17:12 -0500

On Jan 9, 2004, at 3:24 PM, Beth wrote:

Kevin Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com> wrote:

"Lyman Green" <daerid AT io.com> writes:
Plenty of snow here in Chatham County, still coming down.

I went out in my ass kicking hatchback and slayed a hundred SUVs!

Actually, I only went to the grocery store and got stuff to make spaghetti. Carrboro is highly navigable at present, for them what might be curious.

Beth

I ran my wife to the airport this morning from Wake Forest. From my KS standards this was a light snow, nice that it's sticking around for a bit.

Trees are gorgeous here with snow on them, we didn't have those in KS, wind kept knocking em down. At least it appeared most folks knew how to drive in it unlike when I was in Texas on business and it sleeted for an hour, that was amusing in a really sick way.

Wake up in the morning and on the news the local folks are saying 'OK, on a bridge it ices first so drive slowly and carefully over the bridge'

In texan that means take your large and in charge 4x4 suburban 80 mph down the high way, and slam on the breaks as you cross a bridge. They flew like wounded buffalos off the road. I saw hundreds of stranded SUVs like that and no one came to the office, I had the lab to myself it was wonderful :)