internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] That's Sir Tim to you

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] That's Sir Tim to you
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 03:17:05 -0500 (EST)

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> >
> > Not to mention it's unconstitutional for Gore (or any american citizen)
> > to receive a knighthood.

Really? Can we do something about Rudy Giuliani, then?

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/10/15/gen.guiliani.knighthood/

"Rudolph Giuliani has been appointed an honorary Knight Commander of the
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for his outstanding help and
support to the bereaved British families."
"Giuliani will not be able to use the title "Sir Rudolph" because he is
not a UK citizen, but he can put the initials "KBE" (Knight of the
British Empire) after his name."

Or US General Wesley Clark, Norman Schwarzkopf, Colin Powell, George Bush
Sr., Ronald Reagan, Caspar Weinberger, and so on.

http://www.greeleynet.com/~maxalla/OKHSSub/KtNews.html

Also former IBM Chief Executive Louis V. Gerstner and director Steven
Spielberg:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2001-06-19-gerstner-knighted.htm

And Alan Greenspan:
http://www.thedossier.ukonline.co.uk/Web%20Pages/YAHOO%20NEWS_Alan%20Greenspan%20to%20receive%20honorary%20knighthood%20next%20week,%20Buckingham%20palace%20says.htm