internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Red Eye Reduction Tips

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Red Eye Reduction Tips
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:35:37 -0500

On Nov 20, 2003, at 4:19 PM, David R.Matusiak wrote:

I need to process some images in order to remove really bad red eye glare. I have no idea how to do this. The tools at my disposal include iPhoto and Adobe Photoshop. Surely, with these two tools (or maybe another) I can get people's eyes back to their normal, non-possessed-looking colors? Right?

With iPhoto its pretty easy:

Select the eye in the photo
Click on the little "red eye" icon

:-)

If you want to get fancy you can enlarge the photo so you get more accurate in the selection process.

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC