internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Email from beyond the grave

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Email from beyond the grave
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:10:59 -0500

Michael:
I can't remember if it was "Neuromancer" or "Mona Lisa Overdrive" but one of William Gibson's stories has a character, ...I have this image of a dude being carried around on a stretcher with a car battery powering a computer he's connected to that's online, "jacked in to cyberspace."
I think he was still alive. That character was, but there was another character that had died, but was still online.

...gives me a headache just thinking of the implications;-) Put me in mind of an old Firesign Theater riff, "what is reality." ...now I do have a headache. Hey, I gotta get back to reality.
Ed W.