internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] novell, SuSE, Red Hat - seeking a bit oflearned analysis

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] novell, SuSE, Red Hat - seeking a bit oflearned analysis
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:32:12 -0500

12:45. Restate my assumptions. One: Mathematics is the language of
nature. Two: Everything around us can be represented and understood
through numbers. Three: If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns
emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature. Evidence:
The cycling of disease epidemics; the wax and wane of caribou
populations; sun spot cycles; the rise and fall of the Nile. So, what
about the stock market? The universe of numbers that represents the
global economy. Millions of hands at work, billions of minds. A vast
network, screaming with life. An organism. A natural organism. My
hypothesis: Within the stock market, there is a pattern as well... Right
in front of me, hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.
12:50, press return.

Max Cohen, Pi