internetworkers - [internetworkers] [New topic] Anyone ever receive unsolicited spam from FreeChickenWings?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [New topic] Anyone ever receive unsolicited spam from FreeChickenWings?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:37:33 -0500

and had trouble getting them to remove you?

Just curious.

I allegedly opted in (very mysterious!) for the too all too frequently sent news letter highlighting the area's business events.

Today, I sent the webmaster a note with a copy to someone else at FCW asking to be removed, adding  I have bounced their emails for months.

The webmaster (hiding behind an email alias without displaying his/her name) replied they never received bounced mail.  The response also included an immature, and somewhat unprofessional statement as well.

Maybe we can encourage NC AG Cooper to follow suit:
California's attorney general declares victory in state's first anti-spam lawsuit
http://www.detnews.com/2003/technology/0310/25/technology-306763.htm

  • [internetworkers] [New topic] Anyone ever receive unsolicited spam from FreeChickenWings?, Dan Smith, 10/27/2003