internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Manning <jmm AT sublogic.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:33:25 -0400

> The real question is what does someone do to help stop a corporate beast
> like this. I mean, me not shopping there is hardly a dent...

I'm torn on reaction from

"true, so write your congresspeople and various other govt figures"

or

"no! we can't think that way! otherwise noone would ever vote in
national elections!"

Course, there's the "get media to do more expose's" angle - like Nike
elsewhere mentioned in this thread, a big company will fix something
once it becomes a PR problem, because that's a precursor to a
revenue/sales problem :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7 9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4