internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] PART 1: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] PART 1: history lesson
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:56:31 -0400

I have a vague recollection of it, not from contemporaneous news reports but from reading about it during (but not as a part of) my college education. Trujillo was the dictator, right? LBJ the invader?

TaB

Alan MacHett wrote:

quick poll. nobody look this up; just answer off the cuff:

Who remembers the US invasion of the Dominican Republic in 1965? Okay,
most of us probably aren't old enough to actually remember it, so for the
rest of us, who remembers hearing about it or learning about it in history
class?

...okay, pencils down. After I've collected all the papers you may move
on to part 2.

-AM
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/