internetworkers - [internetworkers] Things that make you go hmmmmm?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Steele" <Steve AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Things that make you go hmmmmm?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:31:26 -0400

Has any one ever heard of this or is my tech support in a
round-about way saying, he doesn't have a clue what happened?

Two of my client's web sites have come up page can't be found.
According to my hosting company. They said that the DNS had
been kicked out for some reason and that they have updated the
records and will be about an hour for the update to take.

So I'm just curious, how does a domain get moved out of the
DNS registry? Has this ever happened to anyone. I'm wondering if
something more nefarious is at hand. Some "A" hole hacker just
having fun.

Any ideas?

Me!