internetworkers - [internetworkers] "...we get IT done"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] "...we get IT done"
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:42:24 -0400

The double entendre in the Keane slogan always amuses me: "We get IT done." Which means that they must spend a lot of time doing IT.

The local Keane office occupies the floor above me in the office building where I work. So I have to wonder about those normal-seeming people I see in the elevator, doing IT in their offices over my head. I guess they just do IT all day long, doing IT and doing IT and doing IT. I don't hear any unusual noises, no thumping sounds in the ceiling. No funny smiles on they way to the parking lot at the end of the day.

But what a great job, just doing IT. Who hasn't had a coworker they secretly wanted to do IT with? Those Keane people get to do IT with their coworkers all the time! It would be sad if all that got outsourced overseas. I supposed it makes sense in Nova Scotia, though, they're probably used to doing IT all the time up there, just to keep warm.

OK, I'll stop now.

TaB