internetworkers - [internetworkers] hdtv owners/reviews on the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <daerid AT io.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] hdtv owners/reviews on the web
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

I have no idea what is "on topic" for the list but since I've seen a wide
variety of stuff I figured I'd be safe with this.

I am thinking I'm going to get a direct view 32-38" HDTV sometime during
this upcoming holiday season. I've looked on the web for reviews and read
through CNet's stuff on direct view sets. They seem happiest with the
Sony line (which I have no problems with, I've got a 4x3 WEGA right now)
as it occupies like 6 of their top 10 slots of editor's favorites. Has
anyone got any other sites they use for reviews of AV equipment
(specifically TV's)?

I've looked at epinions.com, but I'm not really fond of the site or format.

Also, does anyone on the list actually have an HDTV direct view set?
I've looked at RPTV, LCD, Plasma, and actual projectors, but they're all
pricey, and for the money I want to spend, black levels are still the best
on a direct view set.

Feedback and input appreciated, either here on the list or offlist.

Lyman Green