internetworkers - [internetworkers] Selling Stocks at a Loss

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers AT Lists.Ibiblio.Org (E-mail)" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Selling Stocks at a Loss
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:39:25 -0400

Hi Folks,

I know that many of you have probably sold stocks at a loss over the last
few years. I'm going to do so this year for tax purposes. Does anyone have
any guidance to offer? (e.g., anything that bit you, or that you felt
fortunate to discover before it bit you?) I don't have a CPA and am
debating whether I should get one, or just research this myself. When the
maximum writeoff appears to be $3K, I don't know if it's worth pulling in a
CPA.

Thanks much!

Colleen

Colleen McCarthy, MT(ASCP), BSEE, MBA, PMP
LIS Administrator
Laboratory Information Services
UNC Hospitals/McLendon Clinical Labs
1106 East Wing