internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Pop Ups

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Pop Ups
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 07:41:57 -0400

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 06:57 AM, Colleen McCarthy wrote:

A friend of mine is having a problem with suddenly getting a ton of popups
after going to DLS. Have any of you experienced this? Somewhere I read
about this and about the solution-- I just can't remember where I read the
information or the details of the solution :)!

Has she installed any programs lately? Some "free" utilities out there install popupware that stays on your computer and puts up ads every 10 minutes that look like popups but really aren't.

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC