internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: Digicam Disk Recovery

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "A Sprouse" <asprouse AT pickett-sprouse.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <dukedgw AT aol.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: Digicam Disk Recovery
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:04:57 -0400

David:

We've successfully used a freeware program called PC Inspector File Recovery to restore lots of pics from floppies.  However, not sure if it will help you with a formatted sandisk.  Some info from the program's help topics:

What File Recovery can do for you: Reconstruction of damaged files..........After formatting (doesn't specify if that's just for a quick format)
File Recovery can not help you if the data media was damaged physically.
Supported file systems FAT 12/16/32 (used by hard disks, disks, SmartmediaT, Compact FlashT, Memory StickT and other)
I'd strongly recommend testing this program on a trial sandisk first, not on the one containing those prized Amazon pics.  Then if successful, proceed to recovering those Amazon pics.

PC Inspector File Recovery (Freeware)
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

I've also heard good things about OnTrack. http://www.ontrack.com

Alisa Sprouse
System Administrator
Pickett-Sprouse Real Estate
3805-A University Dr
Durham, NC  27707
Ph: 919-493-0395 Fax 919-493-1523
asprouse AT pickett-sprouse.com
http://www.pickett-sprouse.com

  • [internetworkers] RE: Digicam Disk Recovery, A Sprouse, 10/03/2003