internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Digicam Disk recovery?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org, internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org, dukedgw AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Digicam Disk recovery?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:14:04 -0400

Surprisingly, I don't know of any of the major services with a facility
or office in NC/RTP. I've heard good things about OnTrack for computer
media:
http://www.ontrack.com/
A quick Google on "data recovery services digital camera" turned up
quite a few options though. SanDisk (SD) appears to be a fairly common
data storage media format, so he should not have any problem finding a
place with the tools. The bigger question is, how much is he willing to
pay? Because data recovery of any kind ain't cheap.

Paula

Paul Jones

<pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> To:
internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent by: cc: David
Warren <dukedgw AT aol.com>
internetworkers-bounces@lists. Subject:
[internetworkers] Digicam Disk recovery?
ibiblio.org

10/03/03 03:43 PM

Please respond to

"Internetworkers:

http://www.ibiblio.org/interne

tworkers/"

Not for me this time. Here is the sad story:
David Warren <dukedgw AT aol.com> took his Minolta camera to the Amazon
(River not On-line Bookseller) in Peru. There he took about 180
pictures.
But when he got home, he was checking out the camera and (he says) hit
the
"format" button. Oops! His disk was just reformatted!
Minolta uses a "sandisk" (in his case a 128mb version).
Can his data be recovered? Minolta says yes, but told him to call a
datarecovery company, further telling him to look one up in the yellow
pages. Nope none listed there.
Any ideas? Sugggestions?
Please contact David Warren at dukedgw AT aol.com

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair
Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071