internetworkers - [internetworkers] [R: language] Declan on VeriSign SiteFinder service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [R: language] Declan on VeriSign SiteFinder service
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:37:59 -0400

a really nice write up by Declan McCullagh on VeriSign's "SiteFinder" service and the fact that they are standing up to abuse from the Internet community to protect their right to make money.

"VeriSign stands firm on domain redirect
The company, which enjoys a government-granted monopoly over the .com registry,
says it won't stop pointing unassigned domain names at its Web site, despite
charges of unfair competition."

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/cnet/stories/5080384.htm

SiteFinder didn't work for me a few days ago, but tonite it seemed to work just fine. every horrible combination of words i could think of took me directly to VeriSign.
well, all except this one case
http://fuckverisign.com/

/drm