internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] [kook] Beth's humble request

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] [kook] Beth's humble request
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:44:43 -0400

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 02:31 PM, Beth wrote:

Does name-calling really accomplish anything?

what name calling? the blase implication that Shea and others are "kooks" for trying to approach difficult topics with a diverse, educated group? but "No, you're right" - name calling does not accomplish anything.

And would the same language be used face-to-face during a disagreement?

Maybe. Hopefully. Hopefully with some disemboweling and sacrificial burning.

Sometimes, perhaps, but not as often as it seems to be used online.

No one is a person online. We are all dogs. Or perverts trying to hump you.

Come on.

Enough with the dirty talk! There could be children on this list!!

There is a person behind every name on this list. Try to remember that?

And *who* is supposed to remember this "Golden Rule"??

Beth

"Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com> wrote:

I'd be happy to prefix all my messages with [kook] if you can get others
to prefix their subject lines with [moron] [apathetic] [lazy] oh, and
let's not forget [egotistical].

I figure being labeled a kook puts me in some really good company...