internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:44:24 -0400 (EDT)
On 29 Aug 2003, Laurie VanDine wrote:
> But, the price of gas should be the same no matter where you live. The
> price of gas is not adjusted for people in CA because they make more
> money and the cost of living is higher there. And just for the record,
> I actually made more money after moving to NC than I did living in
> CA--same industry, same type of work. And I really don't think $1.65 is
> very high or worth complaining about. These days, that's a fairly
> average price.

I must disagree. If I owned a gas station in CA the cost of the real
estate in relation to what it would cost in NC would drive the price
higher not to mention the increased wages. As for your salary was it a
change in companies? I know plenty of people who took a lateral move to
the triangle and the cost of living difference was like a substantial
raise initself.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com