internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UNC summer reading

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Laurie VanDine <laurie AT bizrace.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UNC summer reading
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:16:42 -0400

I would have to agree with Ian. For Californians at least, the biggest game
of
the year in any sport is found in college football between Cal and Stanford
(hence it being called "The Big Game")--unless the 49ers or Raiders end up in
the Super Bowl. Californians love their football, but aren't big into many
other sports. We'll watch football and cheer and follow our football team
even
in their darkest moments. But, we only watch baseball if the local team ends
up
having a chance at going to the playoffs and basketball is virtually never
watched. Sorry, to the native Californian, Duke basketball doesn't mean very
much :-(

*NEW! Ashlyn's web site: http://ashlyn.vandine.org
(A work in progress ever growing and changing by the month just like Ashlyn!)

There never was a
Child so lovely but her
Mother was glad to see her asleep :-)
--Ralph Waldo Emerson