internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] GSM Coverage in Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] GSM Coverage in Raleigh
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:18:18 -0000

If you want to get the real scoop on GSM coverage, check these maps: http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_us.shtml

AT&T has a broader US coverage area compared to Cingular, but the Carolinas region covered is very thin. http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi/imap_gsminfo.pl5?cou=us&net=at&z=1&x=3&y=1&frame=middle

If your use is going to be say 80-90% in the Carolinas, I would recommend you consider Cingular. They have very thick coverage locally compared to AT&T. http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi/imap_gsminfo.pl5?cou=us&net=be&z=1&x=2&y=2&frame=middle Cingular offers national plan options, and has reciprocal relationships with other carriers, so you don't have to worry about roaming charges if you travel frequently.

Always best is for you to borrow friends' phones with Cingular and AT&T, walk/drive them around and check their signal meters as you move about.

Ian Meyer wrote:

aweosome, ill talk to them tomorrow mabye

thanks
ian