internetworkers - [internetworkers] coldfusion, access, and issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] coldfusion, access, and issues
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

hey INW,

I'm working on a client's project where they have me using coldfusion
and (eventually) MS SQL server. But to get it together on my
workstation I'm using Access as a test. However, one incredibly
frustrating problem: I cannot get Access to accept dates from form
data. Has anyone successfully surmounted this problem? If you aren't
interested, stop reading here.

Cos the rest of this is what I've already tried:

cfinsert, using the same database field and form field names. No go.
cfquery, using all sorts of different formats. Access is set to Short
Date with general date with Output (from the debugger) looked like
this

1/1/2001
'1/1/2001'
#1/1/2001#
1.1.2001
{d '2003-01-01'} (this is the output from CreateODBCDate function)

None of those worked. Access just will not accept dates. Is there
anything I should be doing to either CF or Access datatypes to make
this compatible? (besides not using access or coldfusion. I already
thought of that).

All help and input is appreciated.

Jesse

=====