internetworkers - [internetworkers] help w/ regular expressions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] help w/ regular expressions
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:43:16 -0400

I have a manual on regular expressions. I have a manual on sed, too.
Haven't looked at either yet. Sad, because I could really use the knowledge
now.

Problem:
I've coded a site with all tags in all-caps. (don't ask, it's an old habit
dying hard). Now, this site in no way anytime soon is going to become or
need to be read by XML; however, I'd like to get this over with now.

The software I'm using (HTML-Kit ... it's free; it works) won't make global
upper-to-lower-case changes, but it will allow a search-and-replace using
regular expressions.

So, what are the regular expressions I need to turn all-caps tags into
lower-case tags? Or, what is the sed command I could run on the directory
from the command line?

once again, the low man
on the totem pole sends his thanks,
Alan