internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Craig Duncan <craigduncan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:17:18 -0400

On Wednesday June 18 2003 12:54 pm, David Minton wrote:
> I am looking for a good IDE for PHP. Does anyone have any experience
> working with Zend:
>
> http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-studio.php
>
> Can anyone suggest something better? Would prefer an OS X solution,
> but would consider a Windows based tool if it is really superior.
>
> Thanks,
> David

OS X has vi doesn't it?

The Zend IDE is built in Java and should theoreticaly run on any OS, but
has the limitation of being only for PHP. If this is all you are going
to be doing, I could think of a lot worse.

There is also the free Java IDE Eclipse for which a PHP plugin exists on
sourcforge, but the support there is still minimal.

From the lastest KDE environment, there is Quanta. Another very
effective and free solution. The downside is that you need to install
KDE and run it from within X before you will be able to use it.

There are a few more, try googling "PHP IDE" and see if any are to your
liking,

Craig